Friday, November 21, 2014

Tattered Rose Evokes the Style of Stevie Nicks



Many times over the years customers have commented that Tattered Rose reminds them of Stevie Nicks or that she should shop at Tattered Rose. What a dream fulfillment that would be....not only to meet one of my favourite women, but for her to perhaps buy something from my shop!

Yesterday, one of my good customers was in, after being to the Fleetwood Mac show in Edmonton. She described some of the outfits Stevie wore on stage and I wished I could have been there to see her in person.

This customer shared a story that Stevie told the audience....about how, when she was just starting out (with the band) she visited a shop called "The Velvet Underground" where she was in awe of the beauty and abundance of lace and velvet and displays of paper roses as well as the beautiful clothing. (Many singers of the day purchased their clothing from this shop)

Stevie went on to say that when she stood at the entrance to this most beautiful shop, she knew that one day she would be back and be able to buy anything she wanted....and that day came not too long after.

My customer kindly told me that Tattered Rose, has the same effect on her and that my shop is HER version of the Velvet Underground and a place where dreams come true.

Just another example of how I love my customers....I learn so much from them and they share their stories with me and inspire me......I only hope that I inspire them a little too

No comments: